Our client is a Fortune 500 global consultancy firm operating in Hong Kong, providing a wide array of consulting services to clients in various industries. The client’s actuarial team focuses on delivering expert solutions to support their clients in the insurance sector. With a global presence and a reputation for excellence, they strive to make a significant impact on their clients’ businesses.
They are currently seeking a highly skilled Actuarial Consultant to join the team in Hong Kong. The successful candidate will have a strong actuarial background primarily in the insurance industry, with exposure to corporate environments and previous experience working for reputable firms within the tier 2 consultancy. Local experience in Hong Kong is essential for this role as it will allow you to effectively navigate the local market landscape.
- Conduct comprehensive actuarial analysis, leveraging your expertise to offer valuable insights and recommendations to the clients in the insurance industry.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to develop and implement actuarial models, methodologies, and tools tailored to meet the clients’ specific needs.
- Perform risk assessments, including pricing evaluations, loss reserving, and capital management analysis.
- Generate accurate financial projections and prepare actuarial reports to assist clients in managing risk exposure effectively.
- Analyse insurance portfolios to identify opportunities for optimization, such as product development enhancements and pricing strategies.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, regulatory developments, and emerging actuarial practices to ensure compliance and provide cutting-edge solutions to clients.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with clients, serving as a trusted advisor on all actuarial matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field.
- Professional actuarial qualifications (e.g., FIA, ASA, FSA) are highly desirable.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in actuarial roles within the insurance industry, with a strong focus on life, general, or reinsurance.
- Prior experience in corporate environments or reputable firms within the tier 2 consultancy firms is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of actuarial methodologies, insurance products, and industry regulations.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate complex actuarial concepts into practical business insights.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, enabling effective client engagement and collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Exceptional project management abilities, with a focus on prioritization and meeting deadlines.